I’m obsessive about this fast Korean-inspired Gochujang Salmon Rice Bowl. It’s a flavorful meal in underneath 30-minutes! Air fryer or oven!
Gochujang Salmon Rice Bowls
I eat salmon each week, so I’ve tons of salmon recipes on repeat in my home. To change issues up I got here up with these gochujang glazed salmon rice bowls which can be so scrumptious I needed to share. I really like Korean delicacies and at all times preserve gochujang in my fridge. It’s a preferred Korean condiment, as well-liked as ketchup is to Individuals. The flavour is good and spicy, which works excellent on salmon rice bowls. Make it within the air fryer or bake it within the oven. I serve it over brown rice with sesame seeds for a high-protein, macro-balanced meal. If you wish to make this low-carb, serve it over cauliflower rice. For extra wholesome salmon rice bowl recipes, attempt my Honey-Sriracha Salmon Rice Bowls, Asian Salmon Bowls, and 3-minute Microwave Salmon Rice Bowls.
Why You’ll Love This Korean-inspired Salmon Rice Bowl
- Quick: Air frying salmon is in regards to the quickest approach to cook dinner it. You don’t need to preheat the oven, and the fish is finished in 6 minutes. Or bake it within the oven for about 10 minutes.
- A Meal in One: Get your carbs, protein, and veggies multi function bowl. No have to make a facet dish!
- Wholesome: These gochujang salmon bowls have 33 grams of protein and are an incredible supply of omega-3s. And should you’re balancing your macros, this dish has an excellent quantity of carbs, fats, and protein that will help you attain your targets.
- Scrumptious: Get out of your consolation zone and discover new flavors you is probably not acquainted with!
Korean Salmon Rice Bowl Substances
- Salmon: Cube 4 salmon fillets into one-inch cubes.
- Salmon Marinade: Minced ginger, soy sauce
- Gochujang Paste or sauce is a Korean condiment that’s spicy and a bit of candy. It is best to be capable of discover it at your native grocery store, but when not, you should purchase it from Amazon.
- Mirin is an Asian rice wine with extra sugar and fewer alcohol than sake.
- Soy Sauce: You’ll want extra soy sauce for the gochujang glaze, plus further for serving.
- Sugar: A little bit sugar balances out the spicy, savory flavors.
- Toasted Sesame Oil: Simply half a teaspoon of sesame oil offers the glaze a extra advanced taste.
- Garlic: Mince one small clove.
- Rice: Cook dinner brown rice on the range or within the Immediate Pot.
- Greens: Slice 4 mini cucumbers and some scallions.
- Black Sesame Seeds to sprinkle on high of the gochujang salmon bowls
Learn how to Make Gochujang Salmon Rice Bowls
- Gochujang Glaze: Mix all of the glaze substances in a small bowl.
- Marinate the Salmon: Pour the soy sauce and ginger on the fish and let it sit for 5 minutes. You may marinate it for as much as half-hour, however any longer might make the fish mushy since soy sauce is acidic.
- Air Fry Salmon: Spray the air fryer basket with oil and air fry the salmon for 5 minutes at 400°F, shaking midway. Brush the glaze over the fish and cook dinner yet one more minute.
- Assemble the Rice Bowls: Put 1 / 4 of the rice and cucumbers in every bowl. High with salmon, sesame seeds, and scallions, and serve with extra soy sauce if desired.
- Protein: Sub rooster or shrimp for salmon.
- Sauce: Swap gochujang for hoisin sauce with a bit of sriracha for warmth.
- Mirin: Substitute rice wine vinegar for mirin.
- Gluten-Free: Substitute soy sauce with tamari or coconut aminos.
- Greens: Add avocado or edamame.
- Rice: Swap out brown rice with white rice and even noodles, like soba or rice noodles.
Cooked salmon will preserve for as much as three days within the fridge. When you don’t need to microwave fish, retailer the rice and salmon in separate containers. Microwave the rice, eat the fish chilly, and add the greens proper earlier than consuming.
You technically don’t need to thaw salmon earlier than air frying it, however I extremely advocate it for one of the best tasting outcomes.
To stop drying out your salmon, make sure you don’t overcook it. If it’s trying accomplished earlier than the time is up, you may at all times pull out a bit and minimize it open to examine for doneness.
Extra Air Fryer Salmon Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Dimension: 1 bowl
Mix glaze substances collectively in a small bowl.
Place salmon in a big bowl, add the ginger, soy sauce and let it sit 5 minutes.
Air Fryer Methodology:
Spray the basket with oil.
Place salmon within the air fryer basket in an excellent layer and air fry 400F about 5 minutes, shaking midway. Brush the glaze on the salmon and cook dinner 1 minute extra, till the salmon is cooked via within the heart and browned throughout.
Preheat the oven to 425F. Place salmon on a sheet pan in an excellent layer and bake 8 minutes. Brush the glaze on the salmon and cook dinner 2 to three extra minute extra, till the salmon is cooked via within the heart and the glaze is browned throughout.
Serve 3/4 cup rice and 1 cucumber in every bowl. High with salmon, sesame seeds and scallions.
Serve with extra soy sauce, if desired.
Please depart a score and remark letting us know the way you preferred this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 bowl, Energy: 431 kcal, Carbohydrates: 50 g, Protein: 33 g, Fats: 10 g, Saturated Fats: 1.5 g, Ldl cholesterol: 78 mg, Sodium: 416 mg, Fiber: 1 g, Sugar: 6 g