This Straightforward Pear Galette is a scrumptious lightened up dessert that’s filled with fall taste and comes along with ease! Not accustomed to galettes? A galette is principally only a freeform pie that you simply make and not using a pie plate. You’ll love how easy it’s to place this recipe collectively utilizing store-bought pie crust dough and just some different substances you possible have available. It can save you much more prep time by selecting to not artfully prepare the pears in overlapping concentric circles and as a substitute simply spooning them onto the crust in a pile after which smoothing them out a bit. It’s going to look barely much less fancy, however will nonetheless be simply as scrumptious.
I feel this Pear Galette could be good for a “friendsgiving” celebration or as a bonus Thanksgiving dessert. Not solely is that this tasty deal with scrumptious and simple to make, it additionally makes use of much less sugar and lets the pure sweetness of the pears shine. Every slice is simply 187 energy or 6 WW Factors every (or 8 factors if following the diabetic Weight Watchers plan)! To view your present WW Factors for this recipe and monitor it within the WW app or web site, click on right here!
- Pears: You’ll wish to use pears which are ripe however nonetheless a bit agency (not smushy or over-ripe, however not rock-hard both). Mainly, you need them to be agency sufficient to peel simply, however ripe sufficient to be candy. I like to recommend Anjou pears for this recipe over Bartlett pears as a result of they’re firmer and maintain collectively higher for baking.
- Pie Crust: This Pear galette recipe is tremendous simple, partially as a result of it makes use of pre-made pie crust dough. I exploit and advocate the Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts. They are often discovered within the refrigerated part of the grocery retailer and are available a field of two (although you’ll solely use one for this recipe). They’re already rolled into good even circles, so you may simply use your rolling pin a bit bit to get them to 12-inch diameter. Tremendous simple.
- Sugar/Sweetener: This recipe makes use of each brown sugar and granulated (white) sugar. Fortunately, pears are naturally so candy and scrumptious that you simply don’t want so as to add a ton of sugar to show them right into a tasty dessert! I haven’t tried this recipe utilizing various sweeteners, however I’d think about that it could work simply fantastic. In case you resolve to make use of a sugar substitute, ensure you take note of the conversion price as a result of some options are a lot sweeter than sugar in the same amount.
- Lemon Juice: This recipe makes use of a tablespoon of lemon juice, which is in regards to the quantity I get from juicing half a lemon. I exploit a picket citrus reamer like this one (affiliate hyperlink) and it really works splendidly.
- Cornstarch: Utilizing cornstarch on this recipe provides the filling that thicker, gooey pie-filling consistency. Since pears don’t launch numerous juice whereas cooked, you solely want a tablespoon and it really works completely.
- Storage: This Straightforward Pear Galette is finest eaten the day of for a crispy crust, however you may hold it, coated, on the counter for a pair days.
Extra Lightened Up Dessert Recipes
On the lookout for extra tasty lightened up dessert recipes like this Straightforward Pear Galette? Take a look at my Topless Apple Pie, Gingerbread Cheesecake Cups, Pecan Pie Bites, Combined Berry Pie, Strawberry Cheesecake Cups, Fudgy Pumpkin Chocolate Brownies, Pumpkin Pie Bites, Mini Cinnamon Apple Tarts, Tacky Cinnamon Baked Pears, Cheesecake Fruit Dip, Combined Berry Mini Tarts, Cannoli Dip, and lots of extra within the Desserts part of my recipe index!
Straightforward Pear Galette
This Straightforward Pear Galette is a scrumptious lightened up dessert filled with fall taste that comes along with ease!
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon floor cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 medium pears, peeled, cored and sliced (I used and advocate Anjou pears)
- 1 pre-made refrigerated pie crust dough , (I exploit Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crust – is available in a field of two)
- 1 tablespoon mild butter, (I exploit Land O’Lakes mild butter unfold with canola oil in a bathtub)
- 1 massive egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
Set the oven to 400 levels Fahrenheit. Lay your pie crust dough on a bit of parchment paper and use a rolling pin to roll it right into a 12” diameter circle. Switch the parchment paper with the dough circle onto a rimmed baking sheet.
In a big mixing bowl, add the brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt and stir to mix. Add the lemon juice and stir till effectively combined. Add the sliced pears and stir till they’re coated within the brown sugar combination.
Organize the pears on prime of the pie crust dough, leaving a 2-inch border across the exterior. I overlapped the slices in a circle across the exterior after which stuffed within the heart with just a few sliced earlier than including one other circle on prime, overlapping the unique circle about midway in. Then I did a 3rd circle overlapping that and organized the ultimate items within the heart. You’ll be able to take this concentric circle strategy or simply spoon the pears into the middle of the dough after which unfold them out evenly.
Fold the skin fringe of the pie crust dough up and over the perimeters of the filling. Drop little bits of the butter over prime of the pear filling.
Crack the egg right into a small dish and add the tablespoon of water. Use a fork to beat them collectively till mixed into an egg wash. Use a pastry brush to color the egg wash over the folded crust dough (you’ll not use wherever close to all of it, simply discard no matter stays). Sprinkle the 2 teaspoons of sugar everywhere in the egg washed crust and the pears within the heart of the galette.
Place the baking sheet within the heated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes till the crust is golden and the pears are scorching and bubbly. Switch the parchment with the galette onto a cooling rack and let it cool for at the very least 20 minutes earlier than slicing.
To view your present WW Factors for this recipe and monitor it within the WW app or web site, click on right here!
Diet Data per (1 slice = 1/8th of the galette) serving:
187 energy, 31 g carbs, 13 g sugars, 7 g fats, 3 g saturated fats, 2 g protein, 3 g fiber, 152 mg sodium (from myfitnesspal.com)
Weight Watchers Factors Plus:
5 per (1 slice = 1/8th of the galette) serving (P+ calculated utilizing the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Tailored from The Kitchn